Sometimes, the desire to eat has nothing to do with an empty stomach, but with persistence and a strong need in our head.
Just have to eat a bag of chips or a chocolate at this moment and nothing else is good enough!
Many people found this program
People who do not eat because they are hungry, but because they react to their emotional feelings are a glutton. In this case they feel the need to dictate the food.
The need for food usually occurs when an emotional eater is depressed, sad, hurt or confused. Food can be a way to cope with problems and situations, reaction to the PMS, loneliness, anxiety or depression. Typically, such people turn to unhealthy food that quickly brings the chemical comfort.
Rarely will a person in a stressful situation, reach for the apple, broccoli or carrots. These are fast food, sweets, snacks, fizzy drinks and puff pastry. Such foods leads to the accumulation of weight, and soon, other than emotional problems, a person is faced with obesity. It is the excessive weight of the new trigger emotional overeating, and so the vicious cycle continues.
What you can do to stop the pattern?
- Recognize your triggers.
- Different people have different reasons for turning to food as comfort. Problems with excessive weight, complications at work, arguing with your partner, because shame is not opposed to someone when you should raise their voice, loneliness … Analyze your feelings before you turn to the food.
- Identify the real need for food. Every day we eat at the same time. Although the routine schedule of meals helps the biological clock of the organism, we are not always in the mood for lunch at 14 and we always dine at the same time.Listen to what your body are you really hungry, or you should be hungry because it’s time for a meal?
- Limit your intake of unhealthy foods. Cut out all the snacks and sweets. Do not order a pizza for dinner.
- Food replace exercise. sweating in the gym is the best killer of stress, negative emotions and anger. You had a fight with your partner? Do not eat a whole chocolate, but exercise 10 or more minutes on the treadmill.
- Best recomended tool is UGT